1758616 Members
2014 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen 10 MSL 2024 tape library with LTO9 tape drives

SGMacaulay
Occasional Contributor

HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen 10 MSL 2024 tape library with LTO9 tape drives

I am trying to setup a DL360 Gen10 Plus with a HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen 10 attached to a MSL 2024 tape library with 2 LTO9 SAS tape drives.  I am running Windows standard server 2022 and I believe I have the correct drivers loaded but the OS does not regognize the LTO 9 tape drives.  I have tried both the 4 to 1 arra y cable and also 2 individual SAS cables to the two tape drives.

Any thoughts on what to check?

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen 10 MSL 2024 tape library with LTO9 tape drives

System recommended content:

1. HPE StoreEver MSL2024 Tape Library - SCSI Resets on Storage Controller after SPP upgrade (SPP 2022.03)

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

SGMacaulay
Occasional Contributor

Re: Query: HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen 10 MSL 2024 tape library with LTO9 tape drives

I am getting errors when I try and downgrade or upgrade the E208 firmware. 

Firmwareerror.JPG

ColetteH
HPE Pro

Re: Query: HPE Smart Array E208e-p SR Gen 10 MSL 2024 tape library with LTO9 tape drives

I would suggest that a case be made for this issue.   If not you could try the firmware 4.11 and driver found in the March 22 storeEver matrix.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

NarayanKK-SO
HPE Pro

@SGMacaulay

https://spock.corp.int.hpe.com/spock/utility/document.aspx?docurl=Shared%20Documents/hw/nearline/StoreEver_DAPRMatrix.pdf

Refer the support matrix and also check if the FW rev. is up-to-date. If the unit is under warranty or contract. Kindly log a call with the device serial# and necessary logs for analysis.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise] Accept or Kudo