3165 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LTFS sharing not working in Win10

Mohammed_I
HPE Pro

Re: LTFS sharing not working in Win10

Hi LTOboy, 

The above shared documents has all the details.

However if you are still facing the issue could you share support ticket.

We would check the logs and let you the status.

Thank you..

Thank you!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
dchemaly
Occasional Visitor

Good day,

I have the same issue. We cannot share the LTFS file system this is a problem.

Mr_Techie
Frequent Advisor

@dchemaly wrote:

Good day,

I have the same issue. We cannot share the LTFS file system this is a problem.

You can give a try to below ones:

1. Ensure that LTFS is fully compatible with the version of Windows 10 you are using. Check for any updates or patches related to LTFS that might address compatibility issues with your Windows version.

2. Make sure you are logged in with administrative privileges, as sharing drives and managing shares typically require elevated permissions.

3. Ensure that the LTFS service is running. You can check this in the "Services" application. Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter. Look for the LTFS service and make sure it is set to "Automatic" and is running.

4. Check if your Windows Firewall or antivirus software is blocking the LTFS sharing. Temporarily disable these to see if the issue persists.

5. Confirm that Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing are enabled in your network profile. To check this, go to "Settings" > "Network & Internet" > "Ethernet" (or Wi-Fi) > "Change adapter options." Right-click on your network connection, select "Properties," and make sure "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" is enabled.

6. Ensure that your network connection is set to a private or trusted network. Public networks may have stricter sharing restrictions.

7. When accessing the share, try using the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path directly in File Explorer. For example, \\localhost\sharename or \\yourcomputername\sharename.

8. Ensure that the LTFS volume itself is healthy. Check for any issues with the tape drive or the LTFS volume using the LTFS management tools.

9. Double-check the HPE white paper for any specific configurations or recommendations related to LTFS sharing on Windows 10. There may be additional settings or steps mentioned in the documentation.

20. Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your tape drive and the LTFS software. Check for any updates or patches that might address sharing issues.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may need to contact HPE support for specific assistance related to LTFS sharing on your system.

dchemaly
Occasional Visitor

Good day,

All of these were tried already. There is physically not an option anymore
to share the LTFS

Kind Regards,
Mr_Techie
Frequent Advisor

@dchemaly 

In that case, it's better to contact the support team for further analysis.