1758175 Members
2947 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

msl 4048 user limit

lyd1
Occasional Visitor

msl 4048 user limit

If MSL does not log in for a long time or forgets to log out, the device will be unable to log in and will report login restrictions. Is there any configuration that can solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
venkat_y
HPE Pro

Re: msl 4048 user limit

Hello@lyd1,

You may solve this issue by setting up the Password Time Out option. The Password Time Out feature automatically logs out a user after a specified time period of inactivity and It helps you improve security by avoiding unauthorized access if a user forgets to log out.

To Set Password Time Out: Log in to the MSL 4048 tape library, navigate to Configuration Option, select the Password option from the Configuration, and finally set the administrator password's timeout value. Click Submit.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Venkat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
lyd1
Occasional Visitor

I am glad to receive your recovery and thank you very much for your help. Previously, the password was set to automatically log out after a 30 minute timeout. However, if you do not log in for a long time, you will need to unplug the power and restart to solve this problem. So, do you have any better suggestions?

Thank you.

venkat_y
HPE Pro

Hello@lyd1,

Generally, if you have not logged in for a long time, you can log in directly by using log credentials. There is no need to unplug and restart the system, it is a temporary solution.

I believe another issue was running on your system, so please check the firmware is up to date in your MSL4048 tape library or not (latest 9.60) and check network connectivity as well.

Please use the links provided below for MSL4048 tape library operational issues.
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c01517697&docLocale=en_US#N104D2

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04006690en_us&docLocale=en_US&page=GUID-7F83FF8D-F72E-4CC2-82BC-89A3C2DDFCAB.html

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Venkat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo