1758633 Members
2025 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Need latest firmware for LTO-8 Ultrium 30750

randman76
Regular Visitor

Need latest firmware for LTO-8 Ultrium 30750

Hello. I am hoping someone can help me. I just need the firmware (Q387) for the LTO-8 Ultrium 30750. I tried many times to get it from the HPe website but it's so complicated and I keep hitting multiple road blocks. It's worse than filing for my taxes. It asks for a serial number, I enter it in and it says it's invalid. I try the HPE library and tools software but I get an error stating the token ID is invalid, even though it just gave it to me seconds before. This is my first HP LTO drive. Can someone please help me with this? There's gotta be an easier way.

Thank you,

Randy

5 REPLIES 5
Rakshitha_K
HPE Pro

Re: Need latest firmware for LTO-8 Ultrium 30750

Hi @randman76,

The latest firmware for LTO-8 Ultrium 30750 can be found here.

Access to some updates might require product entitlement when accessed through the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Support Center.

Please note that you must have an HPE Passport set up with relevant entitlements. To view and update your entitlements and to link your contracts and warranties with your profile. For more information on this, please visit Access to HPE Support Materials.

Regards,
Rakshitha K

Please mark as 'Accepted Solution' and give me 'Kudos' if my post worked.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BrandyN11
Occasional Visitor

You can go directly to the HPE support page for the Ultrium 30750 LTO-8 firmware. And make sure youтАЩre downloading the Q387 version, which is for normal mode and not secure mode. If you continue to face issues, consider reaching out to HPE support directly for assistance with the serial number and token ID errors. They should be able to guide you through the process or provide the firmware directly. my destiny card

randman76
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much for response. Unfortunately, when I try to create a support case it states that my serial number is not valid and will not let me go on any further. I know my device is still within warrenty so I don't know why I cannot get any support with it. Every time I am asked for the serial number, the support stops right now. Whether I create a case, add a product, ect...

Are these threads monitored by HPE support?

Sunitha_Mod

@randman76 wrote:

Thank you very much for response. Unfortunately, when I try to create a support case it states that my serial number is not valid and will not let me go on any further. I know my device is still within warrenty so I don't know why I cannot get any support with it. Every time I am asked for the serial number, the support stops right now. Whether I create a case, add a product, ect...

Are these threads monitored by HPE support?

Hello @randman76,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have shared the details with the concerned team, someone from the team will look into it and reach out to you. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
randman76
Regular Visitor

Thank you Sunitha G.

I very much appreciate this and look forward to your next update.

Thanks again,

Randman76