108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: no link on MSL2024 library

SOLVED
Go to solution
tato386
Advisor

no link on MSL2024 library

I have an MSL2024 changer with 1 LTO6 SAS tape drive installed.  Up to now I haven't had a need for web based management so I did not connect the ethernet when I first brought this unit online a little over a year ago.  Recently I decided to  start using the web interface but I am not getting a link light on the NIC.  The cable and switchport have both tested good with other devices.  Is it possible that the port is disabled?  On the front panel the the IPV4 option is set to DHCP and I have power cycled the unit but no luck.  Maybe there are more options if I connect a console cable?  Or has this NIC been DOA since the unit arrived?  

Thanks,

Diego

Thanks,
Diego
2 REPLIES 2
Barry_Reider
HPE Pro
Solution

Diego, With a known good cable on a known good switch port, reboot or power cycle the library. If you still have no link lights, I would say the ethernet port is bad. There is no way to disable the port, although in some older firmware versions, it's possible the port could go offline under some conditions. A power cycle would clear those conditions, and if the device is connected to a good port, it will stay online. 

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
tato386
Advisor

Thank you Barry, I was afraid that was going to be the answer but I guess it is what it is.

Thanks,
Diego