108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems with Colorado 5GB Internal Install

SOLVED
Go to solution
Skip Gmeiner
Occasional Contributor

Problems with Colorado 5GB Internal Install

I am trying to install a Colorado 5GB Internal tape drive into a Windows 98 SE machine. I am using the 3.0.1 software (Cheyenne) and the tape drive is found and installed when the software is installed, but the drive is not assigned a drive letter, there is no drive available when I attempt to setup a backup job. Alos, within the Windows device manager there is a new SCSI device showing with a note that it is not working properly. The drive has an ATAPI connection. I try to install new drivers for this device from the Cd, but it always comes back with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager.
3 REPLIES 3
Tim Martin_3
Valued Contributor
Solution

Skip-
You need to be using the Colorado Backup II software that has been recently discontinued by HP.

Get version 7 or higher and you should be in good shape for Win98SE.

Someone recently posted a link on this forum where you can still download it. It is no longer available on the HP website.

http://www.rountree-inc.com/downloads.html

I'm not sure if these downloads include the correct device drivers or not. However, I think those are still available on the HP website. Do a search on the HP website using your product number, probably C4354. Look inside the unit where the tape is inserted for a small white tag. It contains the product number.

Ti
If it works, don't fix it!
CA827767
Frequent Advisor

had the same fun problem for three days!
for win98 you need cbII version 8.1.
you can get a copy from the link on the previous post.
if this doesn't work you need to download "backup mypc" from www.veritas.com
Skip Gmeiner
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all the help. Problem solved.