StoreEver Tape Storage
1760961 Members
5308 Online
108896 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Surestore 1/9 with a new controller

CA1287263

Surestore 1/9 with a new controller

I have a Surestore 1/9 DLT drive attached to a NetWare 5.1 server running Backup Exec. The SCSI adaptor had to be replaced, and the new Adaptec 29160 only sees the DLT, not the library (from NetWare, HP_LTT and BE). Does anybody have any suggestions for drivers, etc. to rectify this?
4 REPLIES 4
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: Surestore 1/9 with a new controller

check to see if LUN support is enabled in the SCSI BIOS
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
CA1287263

/LUN is on the driver load line, but this particular drive has two SCSI IDs set. I've tried changing them from the factory defaults (0 for library, and 1 for drive) to 1 and 2, and then back, with no change. The cabling goes from the card to the drive to the library to a terminator, and this is the only device (or devices) on the card.
meloni
Honored Contributor

you need first to be sure that both devices are seen by the bios of the HBA, enter with CTRL_A at boot time, and check if both are present.
if not, check for cabling or terminator problem, eventualy connect only the drive or only the robotic controller to check what is wrong
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
CA1287263

I don't think it's seen by the BIOS. I'll check that. I did troubleshoot all of the cabling.