StoreOnce Backup Storage
1754311 Members
3170 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Does Catalyst store over FC ( CoFC) need exclusive use of HBA/FC or it can be shared

SOLVED
Go to solution
sergio_rolandi
Occasional Advisor

Does Catalyst store over FC ( CoFC) need exclusive use of HBA/FC or it can be shared

Hello Guys,

I am configuring a Veeam backup on Storeonce catalyst store.

Veeam to access a catalyst store CoFC need a component called "Veeam gateway server" because Catalyst is a deduplication appliance.

Customer has also a data domain with DDBoost and being a deduplication appliance need to use a  "Veeam gateway server" to be accessed.

The "Veeam gateway server" can support both protocol (data domain and storeonce) togheter, the veeam question was:

Does the catalyst CoFC need exclusive use of the HBA/FC or we can use the same  "Veeam gateway server" and zone the HBA with both the storeonce and data domain?

In case there is some kind of doc stating that CoFC doesn't need exclusive use of FC, can you please give the link (I couldn't find any specific direction, also nothing that says it can't be done)

Thanks in advance, regards

2 REPLIES 2
neutral
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Does Catalyst store over FC ( CoFC) need exclusive use of HBA/FC or it can be shared

Hello @sergio_rolandi,

It is technically possible to share the same HBA between 2 targets (StoreOnce and DataDomain). There are no documents available because the task involves cross-product compatibility. Generally no vendors (HPE or Dell-EMC) test and confirm such compatibilities. The customer only has to test and proceed with this scenario.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

sergio_rolandi
Occasional Advisor

Re: Does Catalyst store over FC ( CoFC) need exclusive use of HBA/FC or it can be shared

Thanks HPE PRO, we will try sharing