4252 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storeonce catalyst copy replication

ledvan
Frequent Advisor

Storeonce catalyst copy replication

Hi guys ,

Im planning to configure Replication between multiple Storeonce over 10G Connections , in 3 different Sites in a ring topology. as a Security regulation we need to isolate the backup traffic . we are trying to use an isolated VLAN and put all three Storeonce in that VLAN. I could not find any information in regards to replication/connection configuration(Catalyst Copy) in StoreOnce nor if we should configure Inter-vlan routes or single Isolated VLAN for this?

P.s:

i have read this document https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00023056enw , there is no detailsregarding catalyst copy configuration 
regards,
L.B

4 REPLIES 4
Sahana_S
HPE Pro

Re: Storeonce catalyst copy replication

Hello @ledvan,

Please refer to the below document which contains the guidance on HPE StoreOnce Catalyst (not NAS or VTL) connection between Veeam and HPE StoreOnce.

Document link: https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00064440enw?jumpId=in_psnow_7b4db7f8-42d9-414d-8178-3b147fd6119d_gaiw

I hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Sahana S.

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @ledvan,

In StoreOnce, replication configuration is available only for NAS and VTL. Catalyst replication is not explicitly available in StoreOnce, but can be configurable from the backup application.
You can configure Catalyst replication from the backup application by setting up the backup/copy policy so that the catalyst backup happens on 2 or more repositories on separate storeonce systems. For Ex: In HPE Recovery Manager Central (RMC), you can create a copy policy involving Express protect (primary backup) on a catalyst store on StoreOnce1 and catalyst copy (secondary backup) on a catalyst store on StoreOnce2. That works like replication. Similar options will be available in any popular backup applications.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

ledvan
Frequent Advisor

so im using Veeam Software, that basically means, we need to create only a backup copy job, the source being a Storoence in a site and destination being another storeonce in another site(job configuration in veeam), no ther configuration need to be done inside storeonce GUI and it automatically triggers catalyst copy and everything is transfered between the Storeonce?

ledvan
Frequent Advisor

@Sahana_S  @sbhat09 

We are using with Veeam Software with Storeonce:

1. we want to use a single VLAN, which has spanned over the 3 Datacenters(each 40KM away), which would be an Isolated VLAN.
2. The interfaces and IPs would be unique for that backup VLAN only, which will include not just replication links , but also Veeam Servers to SO(Proxy & GW are installed on Veeam Server).
3. we are aware the alternative is to use a vlan in each Site and create a inter-vlan routes betwen those sites(vlans), but that's not our preference.

just be clear , so no specific configuration needs to bed done on SO units for replication? just simply create a backup copy job with source/destination being SO units? Honestly I thought this is handled(maybe some configuration needs to be done) and done by SO through SO GUI

regards,

L.B