Windows Server 2003
1754404 Members
3072 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Branded Qlogic cards with SCOM

HP Branded Qlogic cards with SCOM

I'm trying to monitor my HBAs(Link up or link down) with SCOM. The HBAs are mainly HPAE311A(QLA23xx), HP Branded Qlogic cards. I have installed and imported the HP Proliant Management Pack and am collecting data for the HP servers but not the HBAs. Is there a specific management pack from HP for the cards for SCOM? The servers are DL380 and 580 series.
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jonathan,

you need QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Management Pack to manage qlogic hba from SCOM.

HP storageworks Management Packs might also work as it include support for all HP storage products.

thanks
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Aftab,

Thank you for your response. I download a Qlogic management pack from QLOGIC but it only supported the 2400 series adapters. Do you have some links where I can find these mps? Thanks.

Jonathan
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jonathan,

while I look for specific management pack for QLA2300 series... would like to know if you have installed the latest driver for QLA2300.. and does it make any difference.

Also just update latest storage agents for those servers

thanks
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Yeah, we have the latest drivers installed for the boards. I downloaded a mp from Qlogic and opened a case with Qlogic. They said I had to go to HP to get the management pack. We're looking for a way to monitor the HBas and if the link is up or down. Most of the cards we have are HP branded HPAE311A boards. I have installed the HP Proliant Mp into SCOM but don't see the HBA status. Thank you.

Jonathan.