Array Performance and Data Protection
1758612 Members
2449 Online
108873 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error with System health check failures

Abrams

Error with System health check failures

I have 3 older SANs that can not be supported by HPE, but i do want to still use them for somethings (training basically and temp storage).

2 of the 3 have errors on the hardware tab, showing "System health check failures were found. Resolve failures before attempting failover." and then if you click the error you get "Array AF-107XXX: Try again.
Contact HPE Nimble Storage Support."

The menus show all green across the board, everything i can find in the cli shows "OK" with no errors.  Has anyone else had success resolving this or troubleshooting what the cause is?

The main thing i've done is checked and doublechecked my LAN/iSCSI cables to make sure i'm good across the board.  I've also replaced all the cables and double checked all of my subnets/addresses/etc for errors.

Is there some sort of detailed "tail -f /var/log/messages" type of command i can use?  

Thanks,

Anderson

4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi Abrams,

The Command "tail -f /var/log/messages" will not be able to use as it requires admin-level privileges

I suggest you run the --precheck command on CLI and confirm what is the failure.

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Abrams

Precheck shows everything okay

INFO: Software update precheck passed on array for currently installed version.

The support spot in alerts shows all okay

Diagnostics for Nimble Analytics Validation Test Results
All tests passed for array AA-100XXX
Diagnostics for Nimble Analytics enabled
Name resolution succeeded
Ping from management IP succeeded
Ping from controller A IP succeeded
Ping from controller B IP succeeded
Heartbeat to support site succeeded
All tests passed for array AA-100XXX
All tests passed for array AF-107XXX

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi Abrams

As the precheck passed on the array for the currently installed version. The system health check failure could be an internal error, To rectify this Log analysis is required and to advise you further.

You can reach out to the HPE Nimble support team by dropping an email to support@nimblestorage.com with the S.No in AF-xxxxxx format or dial the 24x7 hotline numbers given in the below URL. 

https://psnow.ext.hpe.com/doc/a00050207enw?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

Alternatively, you can log a case from the Infosight portal by navigating to [Resources] >> [Support]  -- From there, you should see a [New Case] button on the upper right

Regards
Mahesh.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Abrams

Yeah, that's the rub.  These 3 SANs are beyond the age HPE will allow them to be supported.  I really want to use them for a basic purpose, but it makes me nervous they wont show all green as far as if there is a failure.  It's just annoying that HPE will say "contact support, we can't let you have root access to see the error" but they wont let you buy support.  That's why i was asking, to see if anyone had any success after an array was out of support with that error.  Like i said, everything shows green except for "you can't failover, contact hp"