修改时间 04-01-2014 04:53 PM
Hotfix XS62E001 - For XenServer 6.2.0
Hotfix XS62E001 - For XenServer 6.2.0
A Windows VM may display the Found New Hardware dialog box on the Console tab of the VM. This is due to a virtual device which is exposed to all guests, but only required for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. This hotfix resolves this issue.
Note: The â˜Found New Hardwareâ™ dialog box will disappear on the next VM reboot.Installing the Hotfix
Customers should use either XenCenter or the XenServer Command Line Interface (CLI) to install this update. As with any software update, please back up your data before applying this hotfix. Citrix recommends updating all hosts within a pool sequentially. Upgrading of hosts should be scheduled to minimize the amount of time the pool runs in a "mixed state" where some hosts have been upgraded and some have not. Running a mixed pool of updated and non-updated hosts for general operation is not supported.
Note: The attachment to this article is a zip file. It contains both the hotfix update package, and the source code for any modified open source components. The source code is not necessary for hotfix installation: it is provided to fulfil licensing obligations.Installing the update using XenCenter
- Download the update to a known location on a computer that has XenCenter installed.
- In XenCenter, on the Tools menu, select Install Update. This displays the Install Update wizard.
- Click Next to start the Wizard.
- Click Add to upload a new update.
- Browse to the location where you downloaded the hotfix, select it, and then click Open.
- From the list of updates select XS62E001.xsupdate and then click Next.
- Select the hosts you wish to apply the hotfix to, and then click Next.
- Follow the recommendations to resolve any upgrade prechecks and then click Next.
- Choose how to perform post-update tasks. In the Post update options section, select automatically or manually, and then clickInstall update.
- When the installation process is complete, click Finish to exit the wizard.
- Customers who select to manually perform the post-update tasks, must ensure to do so after installing the hotfix.
- Customers who select to automatically perform the post update task, should note that XenCenter restarts the XAPI service sequentially, starting with the Pool Master.
- Download the update file to a known location.
- Extract the xsupdate file from the zip.
- Upload the xsupdate file to the Pool Master by entering the following commands:
(Where hostname is the Pool Master's IP address or DNS name.)
xe patch-upload -s <hostname> -u root -pw <password> file-name=<path_to_update_file>\XS62E001.xsupdateXenServer assigns the update file a UUID which this command prints. Note the UUID.
- Apply the hotfix to all hosts in the pool, specifying the UUID of the hotfix:
xe -s <hostname> -u root -pw <password> patch-pool-apply uuid=dedcc0dd-d8f3-4f76-90ca-92697c7a44f0
- Verify that the update was applied by using the patch-list command.
xe patch-list -s <hostname> -u root -pw <password> name-label=XS62E001If the update has been successful, the hosts field will contain the UUIDs of the hosts this patch was successfully applied to. This should be a complete list of all hosts in the pool.
- To verify in XenCenter that the update has been applied correctly, select the Pool, and then click the General tab. This displays the Pool properties. In the Updates section, ensure that the update is listed as Fully Applied.
- The hotfix is applied to all hosts in the pool, but it will not take effect until the toolstack is reloaded on all hosts. In XenCenter, on the console of each host in the pool, enter the following:
Note: When this command is run on the Pool Master, XenCenter will lose connection to the pool. Wait 30 seconds after losing connection, and then reconnect manually.
Files Hotfix File Component Details Hotfix Filename XS62E001.xsupdate Hotfix File md5sum 44c41329614c7375c0b87806c350de47 Hotfix Source Filename XS62E001-src-pkgs.tar.bz2 Hotfix Source File md5sum 993fd79f48d8a779cd5d289e9d373105 Hotfix Zip Filename XS62E001.zip Hotfix Zip File md5sum aec4a66578f27504ffbf90fcdc3c677e Files Updated xapi-core-0.2-5675.i686.rpm