5821 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

15K PHY Disks report 10K when in VV

rocru_rocru
Occasional Contributor

15K PHY Disks report 10K when in VV

10400 and v3.2.1 OS

All FC (PHY) disks are 15K (600GB), but when looking at device RPM (Provisioning - VV) all the VVs say device RPM is at 10K.

FC CPG says 15K, but all the VV within report 10K.

NL disks report 7K (PHY), and 7K VV.

Why are the FC disks reporting different RPMs?

** Additional, dont know, this is before me, but the FC CPG was setup to use R5 w/ 7-1p; far cry from HP practice of R5 3-1p. That parity 'disk' is get'n pounded.

1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: 15K PHY Disks report 10K when in VV

V3.2.1: Are you using the Management Console, in which case, what version, or are you looking at the command line?

As far as the FC CPG goes, increasing the set size improves the usable capacity. I hope the CPG is set to HA Cage, and you have 8 shelves behind each node pair?

As far as parity goes, not only is there no 'disk'  :), but it's not even a specific chunklet in the RAID set. The parity is spread across the chunklets - there is just a 7:1 ratio of data to parity within each RAID set. The 'pounding' is spread out.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo