108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3.1.3 MU1 -csvtable not working once in CLI

SOLVED
Go to solution
nsnidanko
Occasional Advisor

3.1.3 MU1 -csvtable

I can't get output in CSV for any command.
For example, when I run the showvv -csvtable command in HP 3PAR CLI it shows me help and csvtable flag is not listed there.

Can someone point me to what I am doing wrong? I will be parsing output in script and figured CSV is the easiest way.

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

-csvtable is a CLI option and must be entered on the CLI command line and not after you get in.

If you want to change the value after you enter:

setclienv csvtable 1

If you want to parse the showvv output, you can use -listcols and then -showcols to customize exactly which columns are displayed.  And you can suppress headers and totals with -nohdtot.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

The command line does understand having the option on the command itself: "showvv -csvtable".

You said you are using the CLI - Did you mean the command line in general, or the Windows CLI installation?

The Windows CLI package is an interesting bundle. An executable, CLI.EXE, and a zillion stub batch files that all look like

"CLI <command> <command line options>".
They are handy to talk to the array, especially if you have the TPD variables set. However if you are writing a command file, you may get better results if you bypass the stubs and call the CLI directly:
"cli showvv -csvtable".

The Un*x CLI package is similar. Once again, you may get better results if you copy your public key to the array and use SSH:

"ssh 3paradm@10.1.2.3 showvv -csvtable".

The other thing to watch out for, is if you are using a word processor instead of a text editor to write your command lines. For some reason, the people that create word processors seem to think that when you type an ASCII hyphen, what you really wanted was an "EM-dash" and will change it automatically.

Make sure you are sending "-csvtable" and not "—csvtable".   :)

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

nsnidanko
Occasional Advisor

Re: 3.1.3 MU1 -csvtable

Thank you. I was confused and thought every 3par command takes this argument. I didn't realize it was part of 3par cli and not Inform OS.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 3.1.3 MU1 -csvtable

>Thank you.  ... I didn't realize it was part of 3PAR CLI and not Inform OS.

It's the CLI that handles the formatting.
If you're happy with the answers please click on the Kudos thumbs-up for each helpful answer.