HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1745827 Members
4122 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR 7200c - Can a Virtual Volume be expanded non-disruptively to the host ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
leevan000
Occasional Contributor

3PAR 7200c - Can a Virtual Volume be expanded non-disruptively to the host ?

Hi,

Can I expand a Virtual Volume non-disruptivly to the host either as a fully provisioned or thin Virtual Volume ?

I can see from the 3PAR Management Console 4.6.2.6 the Virtual Volume Edit option.

So If I change the size from 2,400 GiB to 3,600 GiB there will not be any interuption to the host or data loss ?

Best Regards,

Lee

7 REPLIES 7
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: 3PAR 7200c - Can a Virtual Volume be expanded non-disruptively to the host ?

You did not tell what OS, but for mostly all: YES

After expand on the Array, rescan LUN on the Host and expand Volume on the Host.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
leevan000
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.

The OS of the Host is Windows 2012 R2

Cali
Honored Contributor

So no Problem.

Enter new Size in 3PAR, wait 2 Minutes, rescan Disk in Windows, expand Disk in Windows.

leevan000
Occasional Contributor

So you can only edit and change the VV size for a thin device ?

Fully Provisioned is not allowed ?

Cali
Honored Contributor

Full and Thin, does not matter.

fiaz01
Occasional Contributor

is there a cli command for expanding a VV?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

growvv

Be sure to read the help or documentation for the proper syntax and the parameters.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo