108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3PAR Deduplication

SOLVED
Go to solution
PProcopi
Advisor

3PAR Deduplication

I install 3par 8200 ( Release version 3.3.1.410 (MU2) ). I have 8 SSD disks and 12 FC disks. I have create 1 CPG with SSD and 1 CPG with FC disks.

When i try to create VV ( 3par Management console 4.7..1 ) the option to create thynly Deduped is missing.

Any help ????

4 REPLIES 4
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Yes. The Management Console does not support a lot of other features added with 3.3.1. Nor will it ever. Support on the Management Console has stopped; what you see is what you get.

It's time to throw the old Management Console away and start using SSMC. Sign in with your SAID and download it. If you have VMware or Hyper-V, get the latest version, the 3.6 VM. Otherwise get v3.3.1.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

PProcopi
Advisor

I try using CLI and SMCC and all works OK now Thanks a lot

Server-Support
Super Advisor

@Sheldon Smith, does the 3PAR deduplication is block-level dedupe or inline dedupe?

Best regards,
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

In-line. Check for the technical paper "HPE 3PAR Thin Technologies", doc # 4AA3-8987ENW.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo