1752577 Members
5100 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR Management Console 4.7.3.2 vs port 5783

rmay_bk
Valued Contributor

3PAR Management Console 4.7.3.2 vs port 5783

Port 5783 to our 3PAR is open, our 3PAR is listening on 5783, and I can confirm the app is successfully establishing a TCP connection on this port.  But for some reason the app immediately falls back to port 2550 (which fails because our 7400 isn't listening on this port) then fails to connect altogether.  Non-secure on port 5782 works fine.  Any ideas on what to try?

5 REPLIES 5
veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello rmay-bk, The port 2550 should also be opened in the network since the SP and 3PAR using this port as well. The below are the list of ports kept opened: Port 22 (SSH)—Used for depositing and executing programmatically driven service scripts and for collecting an archive of diagnostic data (known as an InSplore) Port 2540/2550 and Port 5783—Used for gathering system health information, configuration data, and performance data Port 5781 (Event Monitor)—Used for monitoring system events on the InServ Port 8443—Used for Web/GUI access in SP 5.x versions I am not sure what exactly happening without further logs but it seems opening the port 2550 should solve your issue.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
rmay_bk
Valued Contributor

Our 3PAR isn't listening on 2550.  It's a 7400 running 3.2.2.  Should it be?

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello rmay_bk,

No, if this is on 3.2.2, port 2550 not necessary.  And it will only try to connect to that port when the connection to 5783 fails and it might be toggling between these ports.

This require detailed network troubleshooting.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
rmay_bk
Valued Contributor

5783 is definitely open.  I can telnet to that port successfully.  I can also see (via netstat) that imc.exe is successfully opening a TCP connection to 5783.  But it immediately falls back to trying 2550.

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello rmay_bk,

This might require a detailed analysis from network side. And for that purpose a root connection is preferred.

By the way, could you change the network master node and check (setnet changenode <node number>)?  Another option is to restart the netc/netcc services (but that needs a root connection as well).

Another wild guess is there may be a duplicate IP in the network. Can you change the IP temporarily and try?

I am an HPE Employee.
Accept or Kudo