3366 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

3PAR Multipathing & Thirdparty supported arrays

Rajtech1
Occasional Contributor

3PAR Multipathing & Thirdparty supported arrays

Hi friends,

We have a mixed SAN environment (VMAX 40K + 3PAR 7440c) and we will be connecting FC open systems hosts ( RHEL 6, Wind2k8,12) to both Arrays and wondering what multipathing software to use. Initially we thought we could use EMC PowerPath but looking at the EMC Support matrix the 3PAR arrays are not listed there. We may be able to use Native multipathing but that wont provide full load balancing. What are my options here, does 3PAR have any kind of multipathing software that supports both VMAX and 7440c ?

Reading through the 3 PAR host imeplementation guides and it looks like they are supporting only Native multipathing / Veritas for RHEL and Native only for Windows. So does the 3 PAR have any kind of multipathing softwares and does it support third party arrays ? Since this is a production environement  it is not really a best practice to use two multipathing softwares for different arrays, so looking for a best possible solution.

============

HP supports the following multipath solutions for RHEL:
• Device-mapper
• Veritas Dynamic MultiPathing (DMP)

Setting Up Multipathing (Windows)
For high-availability storage with load balancing of I/O and improved system and application performance, Windows Server 2012/2008 requires the native Microsoft MPIO and the StorPort miniport driver.

=======================

thanks in advance.

Raj.

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 3PAR Multipathing & Thirdparty supported arrays

>does 3PAR have any kind of multipathing software?

I've heard of Recovery Managers but not that.