New Discussion

3PAR Recovery Manager for Oracle Data Protector integration

SOLVED
Go to solution
RCCardoso
Advisor

3PAR Recovery Manager for Oracle Data Protector integration

Hello everyone

I know there is no seamless integration with 3PAR RM for Oracle and Data Protector but I´ve to propose something to my customer.

I´ve a customer that bought a 3PAR unit + Recovery Manager for Oracle and he is using Data Protector from long time ago.

I´m thinking to propose a solution as follow:

Use Recovery Manager to take a virtual copy from production and mount that database in an Oracle backup server. After this... Data Protector backup this data from Backup Server using RMAN + DP integration.

Is it possible or I´m going crazy???

Tks in advance.

Rafael

3 REPLIES 3
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Re: 3PAR Recovery Manager for Oracle Data Protector integration

The Recovery Manager for Oracle does not include a native interface to Data Protector right now. It supports "3rd party backup" products and this should allow Data Protector to work fine. Recovery Manager for SQL and Exchange already include native interface to Data Protector. I think it is just a question of time.

Anyway, your first stop should be the RMO user manual...

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02979391/c02979391.pdf

Maybe the Data Protector ZDB integration could be interesting for you, too.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02865335/c02865335.pdf

Regards,
Sebastian
Urimuqi
Super Advisor

it looks like that 3par recovery manager for oracle can not integrate with DP, it can only integrate with RMAN and NBU.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Rafael

As Sebastian said, "...it supports "3rd party backup" products...", and, "...[read] the RMO user guide."

Chapter 4 covers the RMO Command Line Interface. You would need to create scripts for Data Protector to run pre- and post- backup.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo