1753765 Members
5623 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3PAR SSMC 3.6 Missing "Set SP Credential" in Actions Dropdown

jstone415
Advisor

3PAR SSMC 3.6 Missing "Set SP Credential" in Actions Dropdown

Hey so on a 3.6 SSMC you have ability to enable Topology Insights but you need to add the SP. So says go to system-actions-set sp credential. But on this I am missing that in actions drop down

Both SSMCs are 3.6 version 3.6.0.0.269

I have tried multiple browsers, I am using superuser accounts on both, including new users and default 3paradm.

Arrays they are managing are same 3PAR OS, both have 3.2.2 MU6 and 3.3.1 MU3. Both have mixed disk types as well.

And in pictures below you can see there is actually more than just SET SP CREDENTIAL missing, but that is the one I am more worried about getting working.

Both have same license types, so cannot find anything discernable that is defferent.

NotworkingSSMC.PNGWorkingSSMC.PNG

I have attached 2x shots, one from working one from not working.

11 REPLIES 11
jstone415
Advisor

I will also add, that originally we upgraded from 3.4 to 3.6 and had this issue.

Just today we installed a FRESH 3.6 SSMC and same behavior.

THe one that was working was upgraded version, for context.

So we have tried original and a new SSMC and seeing same.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

First, they are not the same 3PAR OS. You stated one has 3.2.2 MU6, the other 3.3.1 MU3.

A quick look through the SSMC 3.6 User Guide finds:

NOTE: You can set SP credentials for storage systems that are managed by SP 5.0.5 or later.

I don't know, but I suspect it's looking at the systems' SPs and won't work unless the selected system's SP is at 5.0.5 or higher. I would think it would at least work for the 3.3.1 MU3 system which should have its SP at 5.0.5., but check the version of SP used by the 3.3.1 MU3 system anyway.

If the 3.3.1 MU3 system does have a 5.0.5 SP, contact 3PAR Support about SSMC 3.6 not setting SP credentials.
And eventually report back here.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

jstone415
Advisor

@Sheldon they are the same 3PAR OS< as each SSMC manages arrays that are 3.2.2 and 3.3.1, the OS line up from the client to my LAB. The lab and client are running the same 3.2.2 version and also the same 3.3.1 version.

Yah SP is 5..0.5 as caught that right away, and for 3.3.1 you need to go there anyway.

I have had a ticket open with HPE for 2x weeks, hence why I was checking there, as they currently as stumped as we are LOL.

Not the end of the world currently but woudl like to get those Topology Insights working sooner rather than later.

Any other ideas let me know and will keep you posted from Support side, as on Level 2 Engineers now ( fingers crossed ) 

ragup
Visitor

Bit strange , quick guess would be around browser cache. 

Can you check at right bottom corner and see what ssmc version is displayed .

Clear browser cache ( or use incognitio mode )  and see if this problem disappears .

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

jstone415
Advisor

Yah not a browser issue as that was our initial troubleshooting.

Plus same setup works at other clients, I get what I need there.

So somethign specific to that SSMC.

At Level 3 support at HPE now.

Cali
Honored Contributor

I can add successfully the SP Credentials, but if I enable Topology it asks for Proxy.
But we don't use a Proxy.

Bild 2019-10-28-13-34-001.png

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Cali
Honored Contributor

Same 4 me, at two other Sites.

Both SSMC 3.6 and 3.3.1 MU2 Arrays.

NBC2018
HPE Pro

"Set SP Credentials" button is not available from SSMC 3.6 because ServiceProcessor information i.e. SP ID and SP IP are not available on array. This most likely has happened after Service Processor upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0.5 in the past (CFI23303). So when ServiceProcessorCookie information is emtpy on the array, SSMC identifies that SP is not configured with this array and option to add SP Credentials is missing on SSMC UI.

1) To verify if ServiceProcessorCookie returns with empty info in between curly brackets (or it returns proper SPID:SPIP details), run the following command 3PAR CLI: 

cli% getsys -showsysobjs 

2) If ServiceProcessorCookie does need to be set then the customer needs first to find out the SPID and SPIP details (also part of spconfig in STATS).  

3) Once customer has the SPID and SPIP details ready then he needs to use the following command from 3PAR CLI to set it accordingly: 

cli% setsys ServiceProcessorCookie SPID:SPIP  

4) To confirm the 3PAR array ServiceProcessorCookie has been set with correct values customer can again verify the same and check whether ServiceProcessorCookie returns with empty info in between brackets (or it returns proper SPID:SPIP details).  It should return the details entered on step 3) above: 

cli% getsys -showsysobjs 

5) Confirm from SSMC 3.6 GUI the option to Set SP credentials becomes available.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Cali
Honored Contributor

Thx NBC2018,
this fixed it for me on several Sites.
Cali