5036 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR Storage Processor

GFTech
Occasional Visitor

3PAR Storage Processor

Hello,

We're currently in the process of setting up the VMWare Hypervisor for the Service Processor for our 3PAR 7200. 

Has anyone had any luck running the Service Processor on VMWare Player? We have a host running on 64GB of RAM - unfortunatly the free licence for vSphere 5.1 is limited to 32GB physical memory.

Thanks for any help.

8 REPLIES 8
ranjitha_kothur
Advisor

Hi,

Service processor can be installed in VMWare,

Please find the below link for the further details for setting up the VSP

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c03564476

Regards

Ranjitha

i Work for HP
Siva_HP
Advisor

Virtual service processor doesn't require much resources. Just one CPU and 1GB memory and 2 NICs and MAx 250GB HDD (inital will be 3GB around) so thin volume can be used.

It might work with VMware Player, we tested but it is not supported to use VMware Player for Virtula SP. Only ESX 4.1/5.0/5.1 are supported as of now.

Regards,

Siva_HP

I work for HP
3Par_Eng
HPE Pro

Sorry, HP does not support running  Virtual Service Processor using a VMware player.

You need to have ESXi 5.0 or higher.

I work for HP
GFTech
Occasional Visitor

perfect thanks for your responses. I have to assume then that even if we had the Service processor working in VMWare Player then we wouldnt be covered by HP support. 

Cheers for the quick responses. 

GFTech
Occasional Visitor

We are predominantly a Hyper-V house which is why we're a bit short on ESX boxes... Does anyone know if or when the Service Processor will be supported on Hyper-V?
Siva_HP
Advisor

Currently Not supported.

Regards,

Siva_HP

I work for HP
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Your sales rep should be able to get futures timeline information.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

For HP 3PAR storage system querries you can also visit the HP Guided troubleshooting tree.

Below is the link for 3PAR HPGT:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-905&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=304617&h_audience=smb&h_client=s-h-e010-1&h_audiencerestrict=true&lang=en&cc=us

HP Guided Troubleshooting Solving issues

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!