HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748195 Members
2688 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3PAR cli command to backup config for disaster recovery (aka EVA capture configuration)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian Bullen
Occasional Contributor

3PAR cli command to backup config for disaster recovery (aka EVA capture configuration)

In the context of a disaster impacting a 3PAR array: e.g. in event of fire/other destruction of an array, and then starting with new hardware to build the same configuration, for restoring data to the VMs (e.g. with data protector) - what can be done to save the array configs in readiness for such a disaster?

I am aware there is no direct 3PAR OS cli equivalent to the EVA 'capture configuration' so have a cron job to run various show commands which could be used to rebuild the array's configuration (users, templates, cpgs, vvs and vluns..) - however what is best practise ??

Or is it possible for the  array  to be rebuilt using the service processor?

Thanks in advance

Brian

2 REPLIES 2
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: 3PAR cli command to backup config for disaster recovery (aka EVA capture configuration)

Hi Brian, the Config is saved 3 times per Day on the SP. Look in /files/3PAR-Serial#/config/ > view As far as I know, this config Files are also automatic transferded to the HPE Backend Servers.
ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> the config is saved 3 times per day on the SP.

Unfortunately this is just the output of the various show commands.

So if your configuration is extensive, you should capture the commands in a script for replay next time.