HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748137 Members
3632 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

3PAR devices in Windows Device Manager got exclamation mark!

SOLVED
Go to solution
waswasil7
Occasional Advisor

3PAR devices in Windows Device Manager got exclamation mark!

How to fix if the 3Par Devices in Device Manger in exclamation mark,Most likely this is happen after the platform team perform the windows patch.Reboot have been done but same issue...

Require help!

THanks

7 REPLIES 7
waswasil7
Occasional Advisor

Re: 3PAR devices in Windows Device Manager got exclamation mark!

Correction..It is question mark in Windows Device Manager for "3PARdata SES SCSI Enclosure Device"..

KIndly help!

Thanks

waswasil7
Occasional Advisor

3PAR LUN not initialized

Hi,

1 of the LUN that presented from the 3PAR is not initialized.But other LUN from the same 3PAR box is in good status and online..Any idea?

Thanks,

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 3PAR LUN not initialized

Have you tried showvlun on both of them to see what's different?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Windows 2003 needs the Windows Null driver to sign the SES device. See the HP 3P AR Windows Server 2003
Implementation Guide.

Get 3PAR NULL INF for SCSI Enclosure Device at https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=3PAR_Null_Driver

Don't forget to click the Kudos star!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

waswasil7
Occasional Advisor
Solution

THanks Sheldon Smith,@Sheldon Smith

It looks good now!

@Sheldon Smith wrote:

Windows 2003 needs the Windows Null driver to sign the SES device. See the HP 3P AR Windows Server 2003
Implementation Guide.

Get 3PAR NULL INF for SCSI Enclosure Device at https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=3PAR_Null_Driver

Don't forget to click the Kudos star!

ShaniB
Occasional Visitor

I have an almost same issue.

Running windows server 2008 R2 Cluster. And hosts have 35 disks added. After that I added two more disks. In the node 1 the disks are detected and in the node 2 the disks are not visible after the reboot and reinstallation of MPIO..

The showvlun command in the problematic node shows in the attachment.  And in the device manager This disk is in the other devices with a question mark

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>The showvlun command in the problematic node shows in the attachment.

(Instead of attaching a picture, pasting the text output or attaching a text file is much better.)

Your output shows only one host line.  Is this the bad host and you didn't list the good one?