108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

3Par Performance Metrics

SOLVED
Go to solution
Donny Jekels
Respected Contributor

3Par Performance Metrics

How do I start since I have not been on this firum for a while. In fact I have gone sailing quarter way around the world then ran out of cash now I am working again. Much have changed and even this forum has a new interface. I see many linux/unix admins can't write scripts anymore what the hell happned?

Anyway does anyone know where I can find info how to enable and collect performance metrics for these chunklet monsters I am now behing paid to look after :) ??

how to hear from you'all soon.

Peace

Donny

"Vision, is the art of seeing the invisible"
4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 3Par Performance Metrics

You can use the various stat* and hist* command from the CLI.

What stats are you looking for?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Welcome back! :)
It depends on for what metrics you are looking, and over how long a period of time. Both the 3PAR CLI and the GUI (aka InForm Management Console, aka IMC) have real-time (5 second interval?) stats monitoring capabilities. In the CLI, look at the "show*" and "stat*" commands. In the IMC, there are graphs both template and custom in the Performance section.

In addition, the array may be licensed for something called System Reporter. If so, you should have an external server set up somewhere that is collecting larger (default five minute interval) statistics and storing it in a database for long-term (default up to one-year) retrieval.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Donny Jekels
Respected Contributor

where can i find more info about this system reporter.

thanks I'll check out the stat commands. basically I wna tot figure out if the array is cpu bound due to the large amount of Snap Shots.

that said is there any recommendations for the array how many snapshot it can hadnle prior to exhibiting poor performance.

"Vision, is the art of seeing the invisible"
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

The HP 3PAR System Reporter manuals are at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=5044528.
Again, the array has to have a "System Reporter" license to make use of it.

3PAR arrays are designed to easily handle thousands of Virtual Copies. Regardless of the number of copies (and copies of copies) of a given base volume, a change requires only a single write to the copy 'pool'.

CLI commands of interest may be:

• statvlun
  • statport -host
  • statcmp
  • statcpu

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo