Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
3PAR StoreServ Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Par VVOL and Array-based replication

PeterFaber
Occasional Visitor

3Par VVOL and Array-based replication

when will 3Par VVOL and Array-based replication be supported ?

Regards Peter

2 REPLIES
HPEStorageGuy
HPE Blogger

Re: 3Par VVOL and Array-based replication

The reason 3PAR doesn't support replication today with VMware vVols is because VMware vVols doesn't support replication....yet. I can't share dates or versions but VMware is working on the next version of vVols and so is the 3PAR team. We'll support it when VMware does.  

In fact there was a session at VMworld by my colleague Eric Siebert where he gave an overview of vVols and then talked about what's coming.  I have a blog post with video of his session. The other video in the blog post is also a really good video talking about 3PAR and all-flash so check it out!

nsnidanko88
Occasional Contributor

Re: 3Par VVOL and Array-based replication

Hi Calvin,

VMware anounced support for VVOL array replication with VASA 3.0 in vSphere 6.5. Do have more information what is required on 3PAR side?