Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3par 7400-2N new installation

Y2
Occasional Contributor

3par 7400-2N new installation

Hi  ALL

Just now I have been working with HP 3Par 7400-2N , SP & nodes been configured à MC also been installed à basic configuration such as configuring CPG done àalso VV done OK à when trying to do export process I noticed that I couldn’t see any of hosts HBA WWNs  , let me explain  that I am connecting  3par built in HBA 0:1:1 to brocade SAN switch .

Since I could not able to get any of hosts WWN normal troubleshooting been done such like checking fiber cables ‘patch cord’ SFPs check  ,, all these OK finally I connect the node HBA directly to one of my servers then I could get host WWN in MC and successfully export process done .

After this I think that I have an issue with my Fabric , also I notice that SAN Switch port which is connected to node HBA never been green it’s amber -à I change from one port to another but same issue it’s amber , à then I connect my laptop to switch management URL I could see port state is in-sync

Now I think that there is some configuration should be done in 3par node or/and brocade switch in order to resolve that issue

Kindly advise    

2 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 3par 7400-2N new installation

Check the mode of the arrays host ports. They must not be set to "initiator".

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: 3par 7400-2N new installation

Hi

fabric ports should be set

connection mode host

connection type point to point

in cli showport command should show

N:S:P Mode    State ----Node_WWN---- -            Port_WWN/HW_Addr-    Type Protocol Label Partner FailoverState

0:1:1 target   ready      2FF70002AC006ED3     20110002AC006ED3     host    FC -         1:1:1                   none
0:1:2 target   ready      2FF70002AC006ED3     20120002AC006ED3     host    FC -         1:1:2                   none

1:1:1 target    ready     2FF70002AC006ED3     21110002AC006ED3     host    FC -          0:1:1                  none
1:1:2 target     ready     2FF70002AC006ED3    21120002AC006ED3     host    FC -          0:1:2                  none

the port should be target not initator

Regards