1748209 Members
2739 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR Copy/Replication to MSA or EVA

farid_nasiri
Occasional Contributor

3par Copy/Rplication to MSA or EVA

Is there any license/solution to allow 3par devices to copy/replicate with other HP storage families?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: 3par Copy/Rplication to MSA or EVA

Only "from", not "to". 

You will need to use some form of host-based copy/replication.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

As Sheldon mentioned, there is Peer Motion to import storage from older product lines.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

farid_nasiri,

maybe I misunderstood your question. Are you looking to move volumes from 3PAR to something else? In that case, you will need to use a host-based solution.

As Dennis wrote, if you are moving from EVA to 3PAR, then yes, HP 3PAR Online Import for EVA Storage will move EVA virtual disks to 3PAR virtual volumes.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo