HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1753797 Members
7518 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3par remote copy and Growing volume : best practice ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
stephnane_
Occasional Contributor

3par remote copy and Growing volume : best practice ?

Hello.

With 3PAR, I have a question. I know 2 ways to  grow a volume which is in a remote copy group.

1) Edit the remote copy group, remove the volume I need to grow from the group, change volumes size, then add volumes in remote copy pair. In this way, it takes more than 5 minutes to resync the growed volume.

2) Stop the remote copy group, grow size of volumes, start the remote copy group.

In case 1, does the 3Par resynchronize the target from 0 ?

What happend in case 2, does it resynch only from last changes (just after stopping the remote copy group) ?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: 3par remote copy and Growing volume : best practice ?

If you take a volume out of a copy group and put it back it, it would have to do a complete sync on that volume. And by your own definition, this is not growing a volume in a remote copy group. You started by taking it out of the group.

Stop, grow, restart - should pick up where it left off.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo