3577 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 7200 3PAR enclosure LED number blinking

YannBourgault
Occasional Contributor

7200 3PAR enclosure LED number blinking

Hi All,

I just installed a new 3PAR 7200 with 3 enclosures and I have a weirdness. On the 2nd enclosure (02), the number 0 is blinking on the LED display.  What would cause this?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Adam Garsha
Valued Contributor

I am seeing the same thing on an 8400. What was your resolution? I tried 'stop locate' but that didn't do anything.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> I tried 'stop locate' but that didn't do anything.

Only one digit was blinking?

The proper CLI command is "locatecage" with a time of 0.

jenkinst31
Occasional Visitor

@YannBourgault or @Adam Garsha, I'm having the same exact issue.  What did you do to resolve it?

jenkinst31
Occasional Visitor

In case anybody else ever stumbles across this.....

The stupid light was blinking because the mute button on the lefthand cage bezel was stuck in.  I noticed that when I pressed the button it didn't feel the same as the other cages (there was no spring back).  Popped the cage out of the rack, loosened a couple screws and found a metal plate that is pushed by the plastic bezel to actually click the button.  I think the screws were too tight on the piece of metal and it was holding down the button at all times.

Hope this helps someone else.  This has been holding up my deployment for a week. -___-

Alphonso
Frequent Visitor

• Press and hold the button next to the mute symbol for 5-10 seconds until the Right hand digit starts to flash.
  • Release the button
  • Press and hold the button for 5-10 seconds until the Right digit stops flashing
  • Release the button