HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752587 Members
3942 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

AO via Management Console or via System Reporter?

SOLVED
Go to solution
nielsvdc
Occasional Contributor

AO via Management Console or via System Reporter?

Today I found out there is an option in System Reporter (SR) to add and schedule a AO configuration. But how does this work differently from scheduling an AO task in the Management Console (MC)? If I create and activate an AO configuration in SR, the schedule does not appear in the MC.

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: AO via Management Console or via System Reporter?

The two have nothing to do with each other. And only one will work for a given array. System Reporter can collect information from several arrays running various levels of the 3PAR OS. 

If a 3PAR array is running v3.1.1 or earlier, you must control AO in System Reporter.

If v3.1.2 and later, you must control AO on-node using the Management Console and/or Command Line Interface. Having configurations in SR will have no effect.

If you upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2, you need to manually create new configurations on the array. And with on-node AO there are new options. See the CLI admin and reference docs for details.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

nielsvdc
Occasional Contributor

Re: AO via Management Console or via System Reporter?

Thanks Sheldon for explaining. We are using version 3.1.2, so Mangement Console/CLI is the way to continue.