1753496 Members
4460 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Automatic Sending of HP 3Par command through email - script

Will_Tar09
Occasional Contributor

Automatic Sending of HP 3Par command through email - script

Hi, sorry as I do not know yet how to categorize may inquiry correctly in the location.

I am new to the HP Storage Environment and I just would like to ask if you can help me with a task.

Is it possible to create a script wherein the output from a command in HP 3Par be sent in an email  in a certain period of time?

For example, the output of a command showrcopy from HP 3PAR be sent to my Outlook email at 6:00 AM GST?

May I know the tools that can be used to achieve this?

Thanks for your time and assistance and help will be all appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Automatic Sending of HP 3Par command through email - script

That should be fine.

First you will need to either install the external 3PAR CLI software, or preferred, set up SSH between your host (desktop?) and your 3PAR system. See the HPE 3PAR Command Line Interface Administrator's Manual for how to use SSH with your system.

Then
ssh {YourSystemCredentials} showrcopy > tempfile

followed by something on your host that would mail the tempfile to your Outlook account.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Will_Tar09
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sheldon,

Thanks for the info.

I am using SSH via Putty for the commands.

What I'm thinking of is to create a script with the help of Windows PowerShell. Will that be possible? If so, may I know the tools or any modules needed, or can the commands on HP 3Par be automatically called in the PS?

Hoping for your reply.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

PuTTY? Then look at the PLINK command if you have not already done so.

Windows Powershell: You can get the HPE 3PAR Powershell Toolkit from the Software Depot. (Google is your friend.)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Automatic Sending of HP 3PAR command through email - script

>I am using SSH via Putty for the commands.

You can also use the logging there to capture the command output.

>can the commands on HPE 3PAR be automatically called in the PS?

You can invoke the Remote CLI client from your scripts.