1751945 Members
4832 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot update VV because it has one or more snapshots

chindi
Respected Contributor

Cannot update VV because it has one or more snapshots

We are facing below issue when we are trying to refresh a snapshot for a Virtual Set.

3PAR cli% updatevv -f set:MRGB "Updating VVs MRGB_DB_DAY_153_2 MRGB_DB_DAY_153_3 MRGB_DB_DAY_153_4 MRGB_DB_DAY_153_5 MRGB_DB_DAY_154_6 MRGB_DB_DAY_153_7 MRGB_DB_DAY_153 MRGB_DB_DAY_153_1 MRGB_DB_DAY_153_8

Cannot update VV MRGB_DB_DAY_153_2 because it has one or more snapshots" Where MRGB is a virtual set of 9 luns.

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Cannot update VV because it has one or more snapshots

Reading the error message, one or more of the snapshots has a child snapshot of its own. Delete the child snapshot and reissue the command.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

chindi
Respected Contributor

Re: Cannot update VV because it has one or more snapshots

Hi,
We were able to updatevv , what was missing was we had ceated VVset for base volumes only , but was not created for Virtual copies.
We created the same and after which we were able to updatevv .

Now have one more question, we have multiple volumes which we have put in a VVset , right click through GUI create virtual copy for it.
and then just updatevv -f set:VVsetname whenever we want to refresh a snapshot.
Hope its fine ?