3708 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Checking usable capacity in 3PAR management console or SSMC

NivenPeter
Visitor

Checking usable capacity in 3PAR management console or SSMC

Hi,

I would like to view the usable capacity as what being displayed by HP call home as per the picture at 3par management console and SSMC. Can someone advise me how to see the usable capacity in detail in 3par such as the screeenshoot below in SSMC or 3par management console. the picture as attached

6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Checking usable capacity in 3PAR SSMC

You're saying Storefront remote shows you this but you want to also see it in SSMC?

yapkl
Trusted Contributor

Re: Checking usable capacity in 3PAR management console or SSMC

In 3PAR SSMC, look at CPG screen, then capacity. It shows you the estimated space you have based on that CPG.

Capture.JPG

Best Regards,

yapkl

Note: The opinions & comments above are my personal opinions, not of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below! Thanks.
NivenPeter
Visitor

yes that is right. we want to see the usable capacity after the RAID but before the CPG. Is that possible? similar as what is shown from storefornt remote show

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

@NivenPeter wrote:

...we want to see the usable capacity after the RAID but before the CPG...

There is no RAID before the CPG. The CPG defines how raw chunklets are combined into their RAIDsets as they are added to the Logical Disks. As written earlier, to see usable capacity based on RAID, you need to look at the desired CPG. That will show how much is already in use, and the estimated available space if all matching free chunklets are pulled into that CPG.

Physical Disks are chopped into Chunklets.
Chunklets are combined according to CPG rules into RAIDsets in Logical Disks.
Logical Disk regions are interleaved into desired Virtual Volumes.

Now, dumb question: What are you looking at in SFRM? Total Capacity and Allocated Capacity donuts on the Overview page?
If so, those are looking at raw (pre-RAID) storage. And those numbers are shown on the SSMC Dashboard.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

NivenPeter
Visitor

Based on the screenshot, i have configure 2 CPG groups for SAS drives (with thick provisioning). In this case, the total free space for this 2 CPG groups is 15TB or each group have available size with 15TB?  

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

You have a common pool of free SAS chunklets. The total usable free space for the 2 CPG groups is 15TB.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo