1752778 Members
6374 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Demo video for 3PAR OS 3.3.1 patch update

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Demo video for 3PAR OS 3.3.1 patch update

Customers can now upgrade 3PAR OS 3.3.1 with patch updates on their own without having to schedule it with support. I have a video that shows you how to do it so check it out! 

12 REPLIES 12
Sanja1
Frequent Advisor

Thx for the video.

I'm having VSP. do I have access to service procesor console?I usally do updates through SPOCC

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

@Sanja1 wrote:

Thx for the video.

I'm having VSP. do I have access to service procesor console?I usally do updates through SPOCC

"Do you have access to the service processor console"? Yes; SPOCC. What HPEStorageGuy is talking about is how to apply patches for 3.3.1. If your service processor is still running SPOCC, you are still on 3.2.2 (MUx) or older.

You now know the process for applying patches once you get upgraded to 3.3.1 (MUx). :)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.3.1 is a big step, consider to ask HPE support for help.

An SP 5.x won't work with 3PAR OS 3.2.2; do not upgrade the SP without good preparation ... there are a lot of do's and dont's here ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

@Torsten. wrote:

Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.3.1 is a big step, consider to ask HPE support for help.

Agreed. The video above only pertains to applying patches, not upgrading from 3.2.2. :)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

@Sheldon Smith wrote:

@Torsten. wrote:

Agreed. The video above only pertains to applying patches, not upgrading from 3.2.2. :)

And it's applying patches to 3.3.1 - I think applying patches to older 3PAR OSes would be similar but I did the video because the team felt that the process was easier for the newer OSes. 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The patching process is similar, but the SP software is totally different for 3.2.x (SP 4.x) and 3.3.x (SP 5.x).

It is no longer SPOCC, there is now a new HTML5 based web interface, the 3PAR Service Console.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Sanja1
Frequent Advisor

I do not know process :) HPE team told me :

"As per the latest update from the engineering team, the OS Version 3.3.1  is not recommended to be upgraded.

It is advised to either remain on HPE 3PAR OS 3.2.2-MU4 + Patches or upgrade to 3.2.2-MU6 + Patches."

I'm running 3.2.2.612 + P56,P59,P84,P85,P91,P92,P9 + SP-4.4.0.GA-58 what is the right procedure for upgrade?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Sometimes this is confusing ...

3.2.2.612 is 3.2.2 MU4, you probably need a few more patches to be really up-to-date.

There are also a few patches for your SP available (you have SP 4.4.0 MU4, P004 and P006 are avail.)

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

LudoCoul

Hi,

I have installed SSM 3.4 and want to know if it possible to upgrade the 3PAR OS from 3.1.2 MU2 to 3.1.3 and 3.2.2, without using the actual VSP where i got some issue on this???

BR/