1745801 Members
3429 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disappearing paths from Win2k8 hosts 3Par T400

SusanC
Collector

Disappearing paths from Win2k8 hosts 3Par T400

We're having issues with MPIO paths from Win2k8 hosts with AE312A cards disappearing on the host.

Mulitple brocades, of various models and FW.

Connecting to HP/3Par T400 running Inserv 2.3.1.

Sometimes it shows on the 3Par under hosts as the HBA WWN with no Inserv ports assigned - sometimes it shows the ports.

The switch always looks fine. No missing aliases or zones.

The host loses one, two or all four paths to the array.

Hosts are all Win2k8 R2 (that I can remember).

Two hosts drop paths all the time - sometimes multiple times a day.

Ways to fix - either disable and re-enable the switch port the host connects to (where the paths are dropped) or remove the affected zones and re-add them.

Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Disappearing paths from Win2k8 hosts 3Par T400

A quick look in SPOCK: The AE312A, aka FC1242 is supported with 3.1.1, but is only listed for RedHat and SuSE with 2.3.1. Not Windows.
Consider updating the T400 to 3.1.1 or using a different HBA.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Srinivas Acharya

Hi All,

Even I have same problem. Daily or some or other day paths keeps missing on the servers having luns from 3PAR Storage. Finally there will be only one path and that also will go one day and SAN disk go missing on the server. The only work around for this problem is to disable / enable HBA port on the SAN switch and bring all the paths back online,.

We have following configuiration.

3PAR Model: P10000

3PAR OS: 3.1.1 MU2

HBA Model: QMH2462

HBA Driver Version: 9.1.9.49

OS having issues: Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, ESX 4.1

SAN switch firmware: 6.4.3

C-Class Blade Enclosure SAN Switch firmware: 6.2.2e

We have supported configurations but SAN paths keeps missing. Is there any fix for this problem?

if there is any fix, please send a mail to srinivas.acharya@hp.com

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

I would like to see how the zoning is defined on both fabrics. Login via either Telnet or SSH to each Brocade fabric, then "zoneshow". Best if the terminal emulator has the ability to capture a log of the switch session. Zip all the output from the zoneshow commands and attach to a reply.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo