1748211 Members
4771 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ESXI Host lost all datastores from 3PAR 8300

WSalvatore
Occasional Visitor

ESXI Host lost all datastores from 3PAR 8300

We recently had our 3PAR 8300 updated to OS 3.3.1.MU2. During the upgrade all datastores on our esxi host (ESXI 6.7, all current patches and drivers in place) where lost and neither we nor vmware support are able to restore them. We can see the LUNS and all networking appears to be intact and functioning, but the datastores are gone. We are using an HPE DL380 Gen9 Server as the host. We have 2 other servers, another GEN9 and a GEN8 which are currently working but showing communication issues in the logs. We have been waiting over a week for help from HPE support and are getting desperate as these systems are extremely critical and we are getting no where fast.  VMware tech support is saying it's an issue with the 3PAR, and HPE support is saying nothing at all. Does anyone have any insight as to what could be causing this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: ESXI Host lost all datastores from 3PAR 8300

A week? Suggest you call HPE Support and ask for the Manager on Duty. Let him/her know the problem and how long this has been an issue. Ask for the case to be escalated to HPE Support Management for problem oversight.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

WSalvatore
Occasional Visitor

Re: ESXI Host lost all datastores from 3PAR 8300

We are already working with multiple managers from multiple departments and they claim it has already been escalated to tier 3. We where told support could not help us it had to be the OS group, the OS group passed it to the engineering group, etc. All we seem to get from them is excuses, they claim that it's been passed to another group and they are waiting to hear from them. At this point we do not know what to think other then thier support is not what we expected on a device of this level.