HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1751833 Members
5098 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Enabling TLS 1.2 on SRM fails in communicating with Hpe3par ,unable to form the array pair

Sagaya
Visitor

Enabling TLS 1.2 on SRM fails in communicating with Hpe3par ,unable to form the array pair

Hi Team ,

Details : Hpe 3par 8400  // 3par OS 3.2.2.MU2

ESXi : 6.0 Update 2

SRM Version : 6.1 

New setup : we recently deployed new Hpe 3par 8400 with esxi 6.0 Update 2 , and created a Site recovery mnager as part of testcase and tested sucessfully .

Later as per our security policy all the servers are required to upgrade the TLS protocol from 1.0 to 1.2 .later we noticed SRM server is not able to communicate to Hpe3par and failed to form the array pair 

(Screen Shot attached)

5 REPLIES 5
Ashoka_R
Occasional Advisor

Re: Enabling TLS 1.2 on SRM fails in communicating with Hpe3par ,unable to form the array pair

Hello,

Please try adding the below DWORD value to the registry which enables both the TLS 1.0 & 1.2

Let me know if the SRM server is able to communicate with 3PAR storeserv.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp

Take the value for TLS 1.1 (0x00000200) and the value for TLS 1.2 (0x00000800) then add them together in calculator (in programmer mode), the resulting registry value would be 0x00000A00.

ArunKT
Visitor

Hello Ashoka, 

Do we need to enable anything in 3PAR to ensure that it supports TLS1.2?  The steps you shared seems to be on a Windows server. Appreciate your suggestion. 

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Enabling TLS 1.2 on SRM fails in communicating with HPE 3PAR, unable to form the array pair

> Do we need to enable anything in 3PAR to ensure that it supports TLS1.2?

No.  Depending on the OS version, TLS 1.2 may be the only supported version.

ArunKT
Visitor

Re: Enabling TLS 1.2 on SRM fails in communicating with HPE 3PAR, unable to form the array pair

If I disable TSL1.0 and TSL1.1 and enable only TSL1.2; then try accessing the Service Processor, I get the following message:

This page can’t be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator. "

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> then try accessing the Service Processor

I was talking about the array and not the SP.