1754019 Members
7188 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Factory reset 3par 7400 without support contract

Icarusfixius
Occasional Advisor

Factory reset 3par 7400 without support contract

The contract for this array has expired so I am unable to use support. It seems like a simple reset should not be all that difficult to do but I have not had any luck so far. I do have a console connection but have not found valid credentials. The array is running version 3.2.2 if that is relevant. With the help of tier1 I have change the array to cipherbased passwords.

the error I currently recieve on login is RtP_sE: bad code passed: 0

11 REPLIES 11
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Factory reset HPE 3PAR 7400 without support contract

> I do have a console connection but have not found valid credentials. 

The console user should have a menu with a "Perform a deinstallation" option.

Icarusfixius
Occasional Advisor

Dennis, sorry I should have been more clear. I have a physical console connection but do not have valid "console" credentials to reach the menu you are referring to.

slavtechbuer
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Firmware 3.2.2 is encrypted, and there is no other way that contact to HP for temporary password reset. If firmware would be below that you should be able to use public password: console/cmp43pd

Kind Regards

Slav

Icarusfixius
Occasional Advisor

I have contacted HPE for the temporary password which is currently set to cipher based. When attmepting to use the passwor di get the following error RtP_sE: bad code passed: 0. Tier1 support is not sure what is causing this issue.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

It simply means wrong password.
All input values must be correct.
Obviously this is not the case.
Reset the array is a major step, hence secured very well. Talk to support again to verify your parameters.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Icarusfixius
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the help. I expected it to say invalid password or otherwise. I would be more than willing to work with support but tier1 suggestted this is something they are no longer able to assist with and that the case would need to be escalated to tier2. The array doesnt have a support contract and I own this array personally for lab usage. I suspect the cost of a support contract is quite prohibitive for personal use.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> do not have valid "console" credentials to reach the menu you are referring to.

Just wanted to make sure.

You could just start removing any of the objects you created with removehost, removevv, removevlun, etc.

Icarusfixius
Occasional Advisor

Spoiler

Dennis, Ultimately what I am trying to accomplish is to adopt the array to a new VSP. The array was powered off and removed from the previos site and owners. It seems that since the array is already "owned" by a different service processor that mine cannot adopt it. I am under the impression the only way to remmediate this issue is to factory reset the array.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

No.

Let's say you replace a SP for some reason, you do the setup of the SP and finally "add array", you specify the array IP address, user and password and that's it. The SP is now able to manage the array again.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!