5144 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Failed to see controller 1 HP 3PAR 7400

Paul28
HPE Pro

Hello  djryan , 

To connect serially, you need the right settings.

On the serial connect software tool, set the below ; 

1. Baud = 57600
  2. Data bits = 8
  3. Parity = None
  4. Stop bits = 1
  5. Flow control = Xon/Xoff

If we can get a prompt at the serial ( but whack does not run )  type 'reset' and the node will reboot 

While rebooting at the  point when you reach 'GRUB'  (Welcome to GRUB)  use the CTRL + W again which will get us to the WHACK. 

Also, I like to know how you are trying to connect to serial  - what cable do you use and color ?  

Note : An orange / Red could be a crossover cable. which may not help. 

I'm an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

djryan
Advisor

I am using a cisco DB9 to RJ45 console cable because no one can find the original one. If this is incorrect can you please provide me with the correct part number for this cable. 

Untitled.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

djryan
Advisor

I found the adapter that came with the unit and we still cannot get it to accept input. We have partno 180-0055-01 adapter with a standard ethernet cable and it still does not respond to input. I tried pressing CTRL-w at the GRUB menu but it ignores me and I try to type at the prompt but it doesn't accept input.

init: rsync daemon not enabled in /etc/default/rsync, not starting... ... (warning).
init: Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
init: Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local).

3PAR(R) InForm(tm) OS 3.2.1.292 1635026-1 ttyS0
1635026-1 login:

Paul28
HPE Pro

Looks like that part works if its not a faulty one. However, Part Number: 818725-001 is the HPE recommended part. 

I'm an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo