HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1753516 Members
5111 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Force delete Remote Copy Configuration / Remote Copy Group or force remove VV's from them?

YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

Force delete Remote Copy Configuration / Remote Copy Group or force remove VV's from them?

Hello everyone,

We have a production environment and a lab environment. Some time ago a different admin created a Remote copy group to mirror production to our lab environment.

Since then the link was taken down (LAB is fully isolated).

We are working to clean our storage in our Lab system but we can not delete most of the virtual volumes because they are in VV sets which tie back into RCG's which wont let us delete them because the virtual volumes were automatically created from the RCG's. (that is the error we receive when trying to delete the virtual volumes from the sets)

When we try to delete the RCG's themselves we are told we can not delete them because the LAB can not communicate with the production 3PAR system

We do not wish to open up networking between the networks so is there a way to force delete these Remote Copy Groups so we can in turn delete the associated Virtual Volumes?

10 REPLIES 10
YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

Re: Force delete Remote Copy Configuration / Remote Copy Group or force remove VV's from them?

Page 290, but not seeing any type of force command
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04204279

Presume this does what the UI does when trying to delete from there

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

If the mirror_config policy is set, the removercopygroup command needs to remove the corresponding secondary group is also. So if the
target is not reachable, this command fails. I assume this could be the reason.

And I am not sure what is the Array Role for the remote copy groups. Is it showing primary-rev ?

If the groups no more neede, try removing the mirror_config first 

cli%setrcopytarget no_mirror_config <target array name>

And once the mirror_config removed, change the role to primary. (This depends on the current state.)

Assuming it is in primary-rev state,

cli% setrcopygroup reverse -local -current <rcopy group name>

If it is changed to primary, dismiss the vv from the group

cli% dismissrcopyvv <vv name>

And once all vvs removed from the group, remove group

cli%removercopygroup <group name>

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

Thank you @veeyarvi  for the reply. I shall review this tomorrow and go from there and likely get back to you.

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello YYCSysAdmin,

Did you get a chance to check this/

Vivek

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

Hello @veeyarvi 

I will be working on this today to try and clear out these groups.

YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

Hello @veeyarvi 

Upon attempting to use

setrcopytarget no_mirror_config CSM1_to_CSM3

via SSH into the 3PAR system i am told that:

setrcopytarget: invalid command

SYNTAX

The syntax for the setrcopytarget command can be one of the following:

But it does not list the no_mirror_config,.

YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

Even just trying

stoprcopy -stopgroups

I get

"Invalid response from system, connection broken"

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello YYCSysAdmin

My bad, it could be as below

cli%setrcopytarget pol no_mirror_config <target array name>

I am an HPE Employee.
Accept or Kudo
YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

Hello @veeyarvi 

What is the required target array name?

setrcopytarget pol no_mirror_config  <Target array name>

I attempted to use the RCG name and even the CSM name, but both failed

error: No target *************