1753499 Members
4391 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Free Open Source Monitoring Software

Johnisccp
Occasional Contributor

Free Open Source Monitoring Software

My company does not have a huge budget for an enterprise monitoring software and the system reporter is not all that great.  Is anyone using any Free Open Source Monitoring Software for 3Par?   I am looking to monitor the performance metric and finding out the root cause on a performance issue.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Free Open Source Monitoring Software

What model array, and what version of HP 3PAR OS are you running? 

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Johnisccp
Occasional Contributor

I am have 3Par 7400 and running OS 3.1.2 MU 2.  We are planning on upgrade to the latest version at the end of the year with the new management console 2.1.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

If you are not using SSMC 2.1 to manage the array, you should download and set that up now. 

Do you have the System Reporter license? The metrics available without the license are very limited. Also, SSMC 2.1 adds access to the 3PAR threshold alerts.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Johnisccp
Occasional Contributor

We do have system reporter license but unfortunate I can not upgrade to SSMC 2.1 until the end of the year and the OS I am curreently running does not support SSMC 2.1.  I want a software that would analyze from 3Par storage and the Cisco MDS 9500 San switches.

ACHCHGUY
Frequent Advisor

Use in the OLD management gui The basic Graphs , that will help.

Also are you running tier Disks as the 3.1.2 version of Inserv the algorithym was rubbish and slow.

3.2.1 inserv updates this and performance is much better

Need some more info on you setup and 3par config to be of assistance.

like types and numbers of Disks

operating system running on Hosts that are connected. etc.