HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748242 Members
4289 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE 3PAR Expansion with all magazine degraded and disks with "vacated, servicing" stat

SOLVED
Go to solution
Furshet
Advisor

Re: HP 3PAR Expansion with all magazine degraded and disks with "vacated, servicing" state

Please read PM. 

Cykani
Occasional Advisor

Re: HPE 3PAR Expansion with all magazine degraded and disks with "vacated, servicing" stat

Hello,

I have tried to unmark the cage 1 disk 0 and then re-run the "servicemag start 1 0" but it result with the same error : 

Cage 1, magazine 0:
A servicemag start command failed on this magazine.
The command completed at Wed Oct 26 10:27:04 2016.
The output of the servicemag start was:
Failed --
Servicemag failed as spinning down more disks could cause loss of TOC quorum.
The system has 32 TOC disks and 16 are not normal or currently being serviced.

I think i need to look around the TOC Quorum problematic ...

What is your idea on that point ?

Thanks 

Cykani
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Dear all,

The problem is now fixed. As mentionned, the root cause was the SAS cabling issue. I have executed the following commands and it's help me to view all the disks now!

1.  servicemag unmark <cageid> <bay>
2. servicemag clearstatus <cageid> <bay>  ->> These commands will clear servicemag status for the PDs.
3. removespare PDID:a ->> This command will remove all spare chunklets from PD.
4. dismisspd PDID
Please issue these commands for all PDs in cage1.

Thanks for your help!

BRs

CN

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>then re-run the "servicemag start 1 0" but it result with the same error : 

The idea was to NOT do the "servicemag start" and use "showpd -s" to see any errors.

I'm glad you got it straightened out.

Sultan93
Occasional Contributor

Hello, i have the same issue! Could you please help me, ive already executed those commands, and now i dont see any disks in the cage anymore! After these commands did u perform shutting down procedures or re-inserting SAS cables to a cage ?