1752423 Members
5959 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 3par 7400- Replaced disk but old disk remains in the 3par Management Console

dany1
Occasional Visitor

HP 3par 7400- Replaced disk but old disk remains in the 3par Management Console

We've replaced a faulty/ degraded disk on the 3par, the faulty/degraded disk has evacuated all the data. After replacement , the new disks has been brought online but the old disk stills showing in the management console. I've tried removespare, dismisspd, movech without any luck. ... chunklet : - move_error,src_set_invalid, will not move it seems a chunklet referencing to the old disk is still stuck in the 3par. THe storage is working fine and the replacement disk is working but we need to remvove the degraded message from the management console as it doesn't beling anymore to the 3par. Regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HPE 3PAR 7400- Replaced disk but old disk remains in the Management Console

You should be using the CLI to manage disk replacement.

What commands did you use?

The proper command is "servicemag start", replace the PD, then "servicemag resume".

What does showpd show?  If the old PD doesn't show, you're ok.

dany1
Occasional Visitor

Hello, Much appreciated for your feedback. The procedure of servicemag start and servicemag resume went automatically. showpd is still showing the old disk as "Degraded" however the 3par is working well and no data loss has been registered. I've checked that their is one chunklet registered in the old disk however this disk is not present anymore and has been replaced in the same slot. I've put the old disk in place and tried to move the chunklet but didn't find anything . We just want to remove the old disk from 3par so we don't have to receive a degraded message for a non-existing disk. Any idea ? Regards,
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>The procedure of servicemag start and servicemag resume went automatically.

If it was automatic and had no errors, it should have removed that failed PD entry.

What does "showpdch -mov" show?