HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748019 Members
4639 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Online Import Problem

RHJ

HP Online Import Problem

We're trying to migrate LUNs from a Clariion CX4 to a 3PAR 7200.  We're getting the following error during create of the migration.

MIGRATIONID                    TYPE                           SOURCE_NAME                    DESTINATION_NAME               START_TIME                     END_TIME                       STAT

US(PROGRESS)(MESSAGE)

1488915650847                  offline                        CLARiiON+CKM00114400633        BRSCSST03PAR01                 Tue Mar 07 14:40:50 EST 2017   -NA-                           prep

arationfailed(-NA-)(:OIUERRDST0008:Admit has failed. Volume 6006016027902E00D16D8902ACB0E111 was not admitted;0 VVs admitted.;)

The error code calls out a possibility of LUNs being too small < 256M, but all of our LUNs are 500M or larger.  

Has anyone run into this?

7 REPLIES 7
A_C
Frequent Advisor

Was there ever a fix for this?   We are getting the same error

teaminfra
Occasional Visitor

I am also interested,  Any feedback on that issue ?

sandeepchilukur

Did you get a chance to check eventlog errors, when preparation failed?

COH_1234
Occasional Visitor

Were you able to get a resolution on this? I just started a position and the client is getting the exact same error while trying to migrate from an old CX4 120 to an 8440. So far they are in an endless loop of try, fail and collect logs with HPE.

RHJ

I believe the fix was a code upgrade to the 3par.

Rick Jones
General Motors
GM IT - SAN Engineering Build

w.586.459.7048
Upcoming OoO
1/18-1/23

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

COH_1234
Occasional Visitor

Great, thanks for the update, I will look into that

Deverampally

Yes, I have run in to similar issue, i was migrating volumes from P9500 and XP24K to 3Par, 

in my case Volumes part of the migration was above 1gb , but still i ran into the issue, below steps helped me to  resolve the issue

Cleanup, cleared the created volumes in 3par array, deleted the HCMD group on source array 

3par array port rst

Source array refresh

Retriggered migration, ended success