Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE 3PAR 8200 - unsure about a few things

Highlighted
psperc
Collector

HPE 3PAR 8200 - unsure about a few things

Hi, I'm interested in buying HPE 3PAR 8200 storage solution for my company, but I would like to be sure about the functionality and warranty.

1. Are SSDs available for intensive writing and intensive reading? Or only "mixed-use" SSDs?
  2. Can we configure a LUN larger than 64TB? Even with additional liceses?
  3. Is array supports snapshots to perform a different method than COW (Copy On Write) like allocate on write?
  4. Is it possible to equip the array with a dedicated 10GbE Ethernet replication port? Or maybe we can replicate array via 10GbE SFP+ Ethernet host ports?
  5. If I buy an array with a 3-year warranty, what is the warranty period for SSDs?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: HPE 3PAR 8200 - unsure about a few things

For starters, look at the QuickSpecs for HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 Storage (www.hpe.com/info/qs). Most of your questions are answered there.
All single-system licenses (except for encryption-at-rest) are included.

With 3PAR OS 3.3.1, the largest volume you can have is 64TB. If using either compression or deduplication, the largest volume is 16TB. 
Question: How do you plan on backing up and restoring that large a volume?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo