HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752491 Members
5989 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE 3PAR 8400 StoreSERV: Unable to edit IP address of Storage System in Administrator Console

francis77
Occasional Contributor

HPE 3PAR 8400 StoreSERV: Unable to edit IP address of Storage System in Administrator Console

Hi,

I have recently changed the IP address of one of the StoreServ HPE 8400 storage systems using the CLI however in the management console the change does not show and I have lost this system's associated details. 

Also am unable to edit the IP address associated with the DNS name that was registered. The status shows "Not connected" in Administrator Console with the old IP address and when trying to edit this, it always trie to connect to the old IP address. Please advise if there is a way to edit the IP.

Thanks,

Francis

6 REPLIES 6
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: HPE 3PAR 8400 StoreSERV: Unable to edit IP address of Storage System in Administrator Console

hi

to change Ip address in cli

setnet startaddr oldip newip newnetmask

setnet startgateway newgateway   (if needed)

setnet finish -f   ( this a must to do the change)

if it is not done try pinging the new address to test

or connect with serial console to see address

shownet   (to see if activeted)

Regards

francis77
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have done the below tasks and confirmed the new IP address is there using the shownet command. 

I just want to know how do I change it in the Administrator Console as shown in the attached picture because it is still showing the old IP address and I cannot change it using the edit option as its not connected. 

Thanks,

FrancisCapture.PNG

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello francis77,

Did you try removing the array from the console and re-adding the same? That should solve this problem.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

the best way is to remove it and add it again with the new ip 

don't forget to confirme the certificate

Regards

francis77
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Veeyarvi and Giladzzz. I will try this tonight.

Regards,

Francis

francis77
Occasional Contributor

The IP address shows to be connected when adding but the hostname is not showing, when I add by hostname the connection fails