1748169 Members
3925 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE 3par CPG question

shang83
Occasional Advisor

HPE 3par CPG question

I have an existing 7200C which have 8 480GB cmlc ssd and its going to add 3 M6710 enclosure with 24 1.92TB cmlc ssd. The new 24 ssd will placed 8 ssd vertically to each enclosure from top to bottom. Currently there’s 1 CPG consist of the 8 480GB ssd. Does the newly added ssd automatically added to the current CPG?

Could I create a new CPG for the new 24 1.92TB ssd?  

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 3par CPG question

Presumably you have a CPG with "... -p -devtype SSD ..." in it. When you add the new drives they will automatically be part of it; after all, they're SSDs. :)

Once added and initialized, you may want to tune the CPG so all existing logical disks on the existing 8 SSDs are redistributed across all 32 disks. Eventually the 8 SSDs will be filled and all subsequent LD expansion will just be on the 24 new disks.

You could create a new CPG for the new 24 disks, modify the current CPG to just use the old 8 disks, and create a third CPG that uses all 32 disks.

Plenty of options, all good depending on what you need.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

----------

If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: HPE 3par CPG question

Hi

you should know that if you add the new drives to the existing

CPG the 480 GB drives will fill up first and then all new data we reside

only on the new drives

Regards