HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1753274 Members
4823 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

How are people doing batch-based snapshot management, e.g. daily backup lifecycle, etc...?

shcts
Occasional Advisor

How are people doing batch-based snapshot management, e.g. daily backup lifecycle, etc...?

I'm in an EVA shop with (so far) one 3par array. Currently we're using SSSU to manage a ton of snapshot-based backups, replication for reporting systems, and other automated tasks... This is on OpenVMS and IBM AIX for the most part. SSSU is an os-specific application, but at least it's available on all the EVA supported systems. I'm messing around with the 3par CLI, but of the systems we have here, it's only available on windows and linux.

Is anybody else in a similar situation, and/or does anybody have any idea about how to handle this? I guess we could set up some sort of proxy system where a script (or command(s)) gets copied to an intermediary system and then run into the CLI app there. Thanks for any ideas/discussion.

-Tom O'Toole

p.s. (I wish they had implemented this on the controller nodes, and where one would simply ssh into the controller into a CLI, totally independent of any client requirements/prerequisites apart from 'must have ssh/telnet client')

1 REPLY 1
shcts
Occasional Advisor

Re: How are people doing batch-based snapshot management, e.g. daily backup lifecycle, etc...?

I have found the answer (thanks to help from our VAR) -- you CAN use ssh to access the controller nodes directly.

HP 3PAR Command Line Interface
Administrator’s Manual
HP 3PAR OS 3.1.2

page 52...

(phew!)...