3958 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How can I calculate the max bandwidth limit of my 3PAR array

Berd
Trusted Contributor

How can I calculate the max bandwidth limit of my 3PAR array

Good Morning Peers,

I am currently looking after a 3PAR 7440c array whcih comprises of 4 controller nodes, 48 SSD, 672 FC, and 64 NL disks. Each evening around 22:00 - 00:00 we experience performance issues. I can see from system reporter that at this time we hit our high water mark with bandwidth of 4000000 KBs/Sec (as reported in GUI). At this time we also see response times peak, particularly for writes.

I would be interested to know whether at this time we hit the peak limit with our array, and this is contributing to queueing and latency. Is there a simple way to calculate the max bandwidth of our array. I have tried NinjaStars but this does not appear to include any bandwidth figures.

Hoping you can help,

Berd

2 REPLIES 2
N_JK
HPE Pro

Hi Berd,

The peak limit on the array depends on multiple factors including load / IOPs on each type of PDs, Type of IOs (Read / write, Seq/ random) and the size of the IOs(KBpIO), number of host ports configured / speed of the host ports, type of RAID used.

Hence we need to look after all these parameters together to check if the array is peaked out.

Thanks and Regards,

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ramesh_Kumar_P
HPE Pro

Yes, I agreed to N_JK, You need to really understand, what is happening in the backend when array experiencing performance. We might need to gather the array performance during that time to understand in detail.

This may help to corner the issue and can help for appropriate suggestion. Log a support case with HPE.

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo