HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752834 Members
3449 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to reclaim deleted VVs and Virtual Volume Sets

Jason_B77

How to Reclaim delered virtual Volumes and Virtual Volume Sets

Currently have a 3Par 7200 series running with 82 physical drives.  I have searched high and low but to no avail on how to reclaim the strage from a 6tb virtual volume we removed along with the Virtual Volume Set.  This was presented to a Windows 2012 virtual server (hyper-v). Can any help me out, Thanks in advance.

Jason

5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

This should be automatic.  Why do you think it isn't being done?

The deleted VV space maybe held in the CPG for creation of a new VV.  You can try compactcpg to free it.

Jason_B77

Well I have seen no change in my totl compacity as well as my Allocated compacity I would think that my allocated space would go down and my total free space would go up but I have seen no change in any of them.

sdmitriev1
Valued Contributor

Run compactcpg as  Dennis Handly said

sdmitriev1
Valued Contributor

See example:

8200-test cli% compactcpg SSD_r5
Are you sure you want to compact CPG 'SSD_r5' ?
select q=quit y=yes n=no: y
Task 13200 started

8200-test cli% showtask
Id Type Name Status Phase Step -------StartTime------- -FinishTime- -Priority- -User--
13200 compact_cpg SSD_r5 active 1/1 16/103 2017-08-08 11:32:52 MSK - n/a 3paradm

RajaS
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to Reclaim delered virtual Volumes and Virtual Volume Sets

If your virtul volume is full provisioned, it will take some time to free space to be available in cpg.  SSH to the 3par storage and run command "showpd -c". Monitor the vaules under "uninit" column which should become zero with the time.